Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Still fighting with this illness

Urgh! I swear I cannot get rid of this earache. I'm tired of being in pain. I've finished my antibiotics, and have since then called the drs office back to get some drops called into the pharmacy. I'm on the third day of that script, and I still have pains in my ear that feel as if someone is pushing a hot poker through the canal at times! If I'm still hurting tomorrow afternoon, I think I'll ask for another appt. He'll tire of seeing me soon and will want to figure out what's going on so he won't have to hear from me anymore. But something's gotta give -- that's for sure.

Zack is leaving to go on a three day trip tomorrow after school. The school Beta Club is having their annual state convention in Atlanta starting Friday morning, where he will be competing in the Quiz Bowl competition. Counting shopping/souvenir money, food, lodging, etc., it will put us back a pretty penny. But he was really looking forward to going, since back in October when we had to put a deposit down for the trip, so we really wanted to allow him to attend.

I signed Aaron up for soccer yesterday. I thought he might want to try baseball this year, but it's not to be, I guess. He took tennis camp in a summer enhancement course last year. He IS interested in beginning tennis lessons though. The teacher that taught the summer course teaches lessons to kids in the fall, spring, and summer. So, I'm curious to know what the cost will be. He's a professional tennis coach, so I hope it's not too outrageous!

Today marks five years since my mother passed away. I can hardly believe it's been half a decade. I'm giving blood this weekend in honor of this date. I really miss her, and wish I could still talk to her one on one.

Michael and I are going out with friends this weekend. Two other couples and we will be going out to eat at a Japanese steakhouse where they cook right in front of you! I'm excited; the big reason is we haven't done a lot of socializing since the accident. I'm looking forward to catching up with some of our friends again.

Enjoy the rest of your week. I will try my best to do that myself!

5 comments:

CaraH said...

I'm glad you'll be able to go out and have fun with some friends! I haven't been to that restaurant yet, so let me know how it is!

I miss you - I'd love to do lunch next week, but let's make it dutch :) Our favorite sandwich shop?

I hope you feel (much) better (very) soon!

Love, Cara

Tanya said...

You SO deserve to go out! Have a wonderful time. :)
I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

We got kicked in the arse by that bug. It was awwwful! I really hope you start feeling better soon, or are already!

~Rebekah

Tanya said...

How was your night out?

Sue said...

Thinking of you Sandi - how are you feeling now? Hope you and Michael enjoyed your night out!