Thursday, February 07, 2008

Good news, and not so good news...

I know. It's been awhile, right? Well believe it or not, I am *just* getting over all that mess that I've been fighting for OVER THREE WEEKS. I ended up getting bronchitis, which actually turned into walking pneumonia. Three days of missed work, a chest x-ray, a round of antibiotics, as well as a shot in the hip, and a multitude of bills and pills later, I am finally on the mend, I think (fingers and everything else crossed!). Of course, not before each member of my family was stricken with something eerily similar. But, they too are all now on the mend -- thank God!

Now for the not so good news...

There is so much going on lately that I don't really know where to start. Lots of stressors lately...at work as well as home. Michael is still unable to return to work at his job, and is now officially unemployed. They came and picked up ALL his company assets last week while I was sick at home. It wasn't an unpleasant experience, all things considering. His former boss was as wonderful as he could be. Told him he could reapply when he was able. But, in the same breath also told him that that the promoted position that he received over a year and half ago was being phased out! This news has all but put Michael under. Depression...and thus I have followed. I hate this! It has been just over six months since the accident, and we are still in limbo! He's still in some type of therapy 4 to 5 days a week. He's doing ALL he can to get better, and he's being punished for not being able to go back by the six month mark! Ugh!!

I have become unhappy at my job. Stuff I won't go into at this time (there is a coworker that reads me sometimes. I may talk to her about the circumstances at some point) but will plan on explaining here in detail sometime in the future. Suffice it to say that there is a lot of uneven ground going on. It's become a real chore to show up at work.

Aaron begins soccer practice this week. The one good thing about Michael still being home is the fact that HE will be able to do some of the transporting this spring to the sporting events, and let me have some downtime.

I don't know if any of you remember this or not. But annually, Michael's sister, Robbie and I are invited to an all female cousins' retreat (coincidentally, it's actually their mother's female cousins). February 23 & 24 will be the weekend for the event this year. This month makes 10 years since the death of Michael's mother, and we (Robbie, me and and all the cousins) plan on doing something really special in her memory. I'll let you know more details after I find out more of them. It's being kept hush hush for the moment. Bittersweet times for us, I'm sure, but I can't wait for some wonderful bonding time with them all.

Zack was chosen as first alternate to compete in the school Math competition this next week. The winner(s) could win some scholarship money, so we are very hopeful! ;)

Until next time..

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for healing for Michael. And for depression to go away. far away... and for good things to come your way.

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of love and prayers, friend. Remember God/the Universe/whatever never closes a door without opening a window. Hang in there! xxoo

Tanya said...

My prayers are with you and Michael.
Please do not hesitate to call me if you need to talk.
I am here.
I mean it.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sandi - It's Becca,

I'm so SO sorry for all the stress in your life. It would get me down too. Keep up the prayers, and know something REALLY good has to be behind this big test of faith.

I'm sooo sorry. So much. I'm praying, and if you need anything - I'm serious! Let me know!

Much love and MANY prayers!
Becca

Kristin-Mom to 4 boys and 1 precious girl said...

i am so sorry you and micheal are going through such a tough time
i agree with becca, with prayer and faith something good is bound to happen.

remember what i told you a long time ago? 'prayers go up, blessings come down'
i am praying for you and for micheal and i hope this all passes quickly

Kristin

lightshines said...

I am praying for you and Michael. I hope for better days ahead.

Anonymous said...

We will be praying. Ken has been unemployed for 4months. Nothing out there though he has TONS of interviews. We can relate to the depression thing as well.

Shelly

Sue said...

You're in my thoughts, Sandi & Michael. I remember Mark becoming very seriously depressed after his illness. It is so unfair and as a spouse, you feel so helpless sometimes. Things WILL work out for you guys. Take care.
Hugs
Sue
x