Friday, May 02, 2008

Miscellaneous

I guess I’m slipping back into my old ways…and that being I’m neglecting my blog. This part of the year is so very busy for us, as we begin to wrap up the school year; i.e., final exams, AP exams, cramming, award ceremonies, etc. The sports and hand bell practices continue for Aaron – so our schedules begin to get crunched, thus the reason for abandoning this website.

I figured I owed my blog (and the few readers I have left) an update.

After my doctor ordered a CT scan of the head following four sinus infections in as many months, everything turned out “normal” – good? Yes, but now we still can’t figure out why I continue to get them. At the moment, things have settled down – I don’t feel bad. The regimen of meds I’m currently on are and have been helping now for over two weeks (fingers crossed). Let’s hope that trend continues.

Prom night turned out great. Everyone had a good time. Arrie’s parents didn’t have to send anyone home for getting out of hand. NO ONE got more than an hour of sleep. I believe Zack is still attempting to catch up on his. I think Zack’s respect grew immensely for us letting him be allowed to be part of that night away.

Aaron’s middle school orientation is next week – OMG – I don’t think I’m ready for this. Middle school? Where has my baby gone? He is looking forward to having a bit more freedom educationally – and having multiple class changes (as well as teachers) during the day. He is also looking forward to riding the bus. We’ve always lived too close to school for him to be allowed to ride, so he’s always been dropped off and picked up by us.

He said he was also very interested in being a part of the drama club – which I think is great. Aaron is a part of the cast in a musical at our church this evening. I take this latest statement to mean that he’s taking this gig more serious than first thought. It’s his first real “part” in acting and he is responsible for 8 or 9 lines. I think I’m more nervous than he is.

Zack is scheduled for the Scholastic Aptitude Testing (SAT) exam tomorrow morning. He is required to be there at 7:45. That should be interesting to say the least. He is SO not a morning person that boy. He’ll just need to go to bed by 10:00 tonight to ensure he gets a good night’s rest.

Our belated anniversary trip to Savannah will begin about the time Zack gets out of the bed in the morning. Our plan is to be out of the house and gone by 6:30. His girlfriend will be taking him (along with her sister, who is also taking the exam) to the testing site. Zack will be taken somewhere else to spend the night away, while Aaron will be with Arrie overnight. I’m looking forward to this trip in so many ways. The wedding we’re attending is at 4:00, so we’ll have some time to just hang out and sight see before the ceremony. We’ll be home on Sunday evening.

I still owe an entry on Zack’s college search. I promise it will still be written.

Until next time.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Thank you for the update. :) I am glad the overnight-prom event was a success. :)
Junior High- is a tough one for us moms to swallow. I will be thinking of you.