Monday, November 19, 2007

Shopping, Physical Therapy and Thanksgiving

First of all, I wanted to share details of my shopping venture this past Saturday. Although I had lots of fun just hanging out with friends all day, I didn't get done as much as I wanted to. Aside from a few things for the house (ornament, dishcloths and dishtowels), I was only able to find a (very) few Christmas gifts. The big need was finding the boys some jeans, which I haven't been able to find yet. I'm going out this week to the mall hoping I can get some good finds. We're not going to be getting Zack too much. We've spent nearly $1,000 on him since school began this year, with purchasing his class ring last month and the mandatory driving course that he just completed. Plus he'll be going on a big youth trip (to Niagra Falls and Canada) with the church next summer, so we'll be putting money away for that each month, so that we won't have to pull it out of the air come June.

I wanted to give an update on physical therapy as well. Michael is scheduled for his evaluation for PT on Wednesday. He will be going 3 x a week for 6 weeks, then be re-evaluated to see how the recovery effort is coming along. His foot is really beginning to look (half)-normal again, And that combined with beginning PT is helping us to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to keep reminding ourselves how much worse it could have been.

I'm sad about Thanksgiving plans this year. In my thirty-eight years of living, I have always been surrounded by a house full of people for this holiday. This week, only my sister and brother-in-law will be joining us. I'm trying to be thankful (hello, it is Thanksgiving after all!), but I'm having a very difficult time about it for some reason. I guess I'm missing my folks this time of year as well.

If I don't post before the holiday, I hope everyone enjoys their time with family and friends. Stay safe!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Hi Sandi-
I am glad to hear you had a good time out with the girls.
Good luck finding the boys jeans. I am not sure if you guys have a store called Steve and Barrys out there, but they have GREAT deals on jeans. Plus, you can't beat the prices they have. :)

Thank you for the updates on Michael's Pt. I will continue my prayers for him.
Have a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving. :)
Much Love,
Tanya

Kristin-Mom to 4 boys and 1 precious girl said...

Sounds like you had a super time out shopping! It's always nice to have some time with just females. Tanya is right Steve and Barry's has GREAT deals on clothes.
I am glad Micheal is doing better too. I am sorry your heart hurts around the holidays, I know you miss your parents very much.
Have a great and blessed Thanksgiving!

btw, I am due July 17th 2008
Can you believe FIVE kids?! LOL

Tanya said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.