Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I know I've been lackadaisical in posting lately, but its not for lack of desire to do so. My posting over the last two months has been very sporadic at best. I love blogging; I just don't have the time to do so on a regular basis. If you don't mind reading on a very irregular basis, then I'll continue to blog. :)

A ladies bible study is starting up this Friday evening (alternating Fridays). It's called Conversation Peace - The Power of Transformed Speech (note the spelling of Peace). It will take place in different homes every meeting. I'm excited to be able to start a regular bible study, although I do feel like that I'm really going to have to schedule some time to work on the workbook every week. A video will accompany the studies, and the hostess will just facilitate the study from the DVD.

Aaron has a football game on Saturday a.m. This will be his third to the last game played this season. He truly loves the sport, and has actually told me that next fall that he wants to play "tackle" football. Although this scares me a bit (Tanya - how do you as a mother to a boy that loves to play the game handle watching your baby get tackled?). I guess I do have a whole year to commisurate about it though, don't I?

At 5:00 on the same day, we'll be attending a "Low Country Boil" that our Sunday school class is putting together. If you haven't heard of one of these, it's where they boil together in a big broiler (outside) shrimp, corn, potatoes, and italian sausage. We usually chicken for the kids since most of them don't care for the combination of foods offered in the boil.

Between the church schedule this Sunday morning and evening, we are going to attempt to go to the fair. At least with limited time, we won't have to worry about spending the amount of money we normally do. Though I'm sure the boys will appreciate any time at all that they'll get to spend there.

That's all for now. Hope all is well with you guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaah Sandy-- Football and our boys. All-star was in tackle for four years.

Luckily, this year- All-star decided that his future in pitching for baseball is more important then football--so he went with Flag football this year. He LOVED it- and has no desire to go back into tackle. :) Wooohoo-- Now-- my 6 year old baby on the other hand-- is BEGGING me to play tackle football. I talked him out of it for this year, but I think I am going to have to let him in it next year. *sniff*

Have fun at the boil this week. I have never heard of one before. It sounds like a great time though. :)

Oh-- Dh and I are starting our first couple bible study tonight. :)

Anonymous said...

I attend a weekly womens' Bible study, and enjoy it very much. I hope yours goes well too! There is preparation, but it's worth it.

Just blog as you have time. I'm sure everyone understands about time being scarce for blog-writing.

Anonymous said...

I attend a weekly womens' Bible study, and enjoy it very much. I hope yours goes well too! There is preparation, but it's worth it.

Just blog as you have time. I'm sure everyone understands about time being scarce for blog-writing.

Kristin-Mom to 4 boys and 1 precious girl said...

You know I always read and I know life gets busy sometimes so you don't always get s chance to blog. But as long as you blog, I will always read :) Have fun at the boil this weekend!