Thursday, August 14, 2008

Finally...

Hey everyone! I wanted to give you the good news. An entire year has passed since Michael's accident; a year since I've had a peace of mind about this whole situation. I'm glad to say that my husband is finally employable again. The best news...he got a job!!

He begins next week as an advertising executive for a local radio station. Therefore, he will still be in the car a lot, but the driving time will only be locally! He will be home for dinner most every night; will not be required to drive the 1000 miles a week that he was doing in his last job. Although it's not "all" that we were hoping for, it has us both looking up again. The benefits package is severely lacking, at least for now. But his new employer hopes to have a good one put together by the end of January or so. For now, I'll keep him on my health, dental and vision plans. We are contemplating whether or not we will continue to pay the COBRA premium or not. I'm thinking that maybe we will, at least until the end of the year. The main reason is that it looks as if Aaron will be getting braces by the end of the year. Michael's formal employer's dental plan is outstanding, and has an orthodontia plan attached to it. My dental plan has that plan as well. But I'm sure you realize that having double coverage for orthodontics is a wonderful thing to have. It cuts the monthly payments substantially.

So that's that, and I'm hoping to get my next post up soon. I wanted to write about Zack's college search. I've put it off for awhile, but think I have finally put it all together in my head to finally be able to write an entry about it.

Until next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such wonderful news, Sandi. Congratulations!

Scouting_Momma said...

YEAH! Congratulations!

Shelly

formerteacher said...

That's great news, Sandi!

lightshines said...

Congratulations.

Sue said...

Excellent news. Well done Michael! Congrats you two.